For keyboard users, left click on any of the names to open.
The Velvet Moon Band at Hugh’s Room!
As President of the Glenvale Players Theatre group, I was pleased to invite all to a night of live music and a silent auction to support our efforts in making Glenvale Players Theatre Group once again a success – October 20, 2016. Master of Ceremonies was no other than Judy Croon, Comedian, Motivational speaker, Second City stand-up coach, radio host and author.
“WHAT ‘YA DOIN TO ME” was composed by yours truly (Murray Powell) for a very special lady to express the excitement of a budding relationship. The VELVET MOON BAND celebrated their first gig at this Hugh’s Room fundraiser.
THE VELVET MOON BAND features:
– Murray Powell, lead vocalist as well as rhythm guitar player.
– Kevin Bell, lead guitar and mandolin player with vocals.
– Darwin Bruce, bass and rhythm guitar player with vocals.
– Ron Hacket, an accomplished drummer
- If you wish to learn more about having The Velvet Moon Band at your next event, please contact me.
The Glenvale Players Theatre Group fundraising night at
the Absolute Comedy Club- August 11, 2016
We are a non-profit, non-unionized, theatre group comprising Blind, Vision Impaired and Sighted actors as well as persons with other disabilities who share an interest in theatre arts. Our mission is to provide a creative outlet for our members in all areas of theatre craft by providing a theatrical venue for productions while supporting our members in their efforts to develop skills, broaden their scope of performance and encouraging them to participate in Glenvale’s and other community productions.
Website is www.absolutecomedy.ca/Toronto
Glenvale Players : A Murder Mystery Evening!
Date: March 04 2016 – Location: CNIB 1929 Bayview Ave
Author Donna Jodhan; in collaboration with members of the Glenvale Players, the CCB, and the CNIB presents “the demise of Greedy Gumbo.”
You are invited to have dinner at the Court House and at the same time experience the Canadian justice system at work.
Written and produced by author Donna Jodhan, this mystery promises to keep you at the edge of your seats until the very end. It is filled with suspense, twists and turns, and is sprinkled with heavy doses of humour.
- It all takes place in a lower Federal Court with Judge Jill Jadestone closely questioning three suspects for the demise of Greedy Gumbo. Judge Jill is assisted by her top crimes investigator Commander Chip Sanderson.
- The crimes investigator has carried out extensive investigations and has brought three suspects before a grand jury to be examined by Judge Jill. The grand jury must decide which of the three suspects needs to be indicted.
- The grand jury is made up of about six persons who are all members of the audience.
- They will be chosen at random similar to how a jury is chosen in the normal scheme of things.
- Murray Powel – Chip Sanderson as crimes investigator
- Kamini Rodhan – Marcia Estrada as the bailiff
- Paul Mack – Paul Maximus as suspect 1
- Thea Ramsay – Lucy Rebbering as suspect 2
- Simon Qiggaittuq – Byron Steel as suspect 3
- Colyn Mac – Colyn Maximus as witness 1
- Donna Jodhan – as Judge Jill Jadestone.
Author Donna Jodhan’s audio mysteries can be found under the heading of detective DJ and the Crime Crushers. Her audio mysteries are extremely affordable and she uses all proceeds from the sales of her audio mysteries to support her campaign against bullying. She produces blogs, podcasts, and develops workshops to help others combat bullying and assists them to develop their own anti-bullying campaign.
You can learn more about her anti-bullying campaign at www.jodhanmysterybook.club
The Amazing Blind and Partially Sighted Racing Cane Challenge is based on the popular reality show, The Amazing Race. It’s designed specifically for white cane users.
|Accessible Media Inc.
toll free: 1 800 567 6755
1090 Don Mills Road, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M3C 3R6
PRODUCER, TORONTO BUREAU